Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Homemade Carpaccio di Manzo...




I haven't posted a recipe in quite some time, so I am
 making a comeback with one of my fave dishes.
<3 <3 <3
One of my Top tOp toP choices to order at an Italian restaurant it's Beef Carpaccio, if it's on the menu... I am having it! (Everyone who knows me well, knows this)

That said, it only made sense that I had to learn how to make it myself... or at least try. Why wait until I go to a restaurant, if I can have it how I like it in the comfort of my own kitchen?!

Here is how it went down:
Yesterday, I had a nice piece of frozen meat (beef medallion) and I remembered sometime back, during one of my curious recipe searches I make from time to time, I read somewhere that I could easily cut meat into thin carpaccio slices when frozen. Voila! I had it, perfect time to finally make it.
Now, I had to work with what I had in the kitchen... so bare with me.


Carpaccio di Manzo (Beef)

You will need:

cutting board
chef's knife

Ingredients:

•Beef Tenderloin, frozen
•olive oil
•pepper
•salt
•lemon
•capers
•fresh shaved parmesan
•fresh basil leaves, for garnish

Method:
  1. Freeze your beef tenderloin tightly in saran wrap, may take up to two hours.
  2. Once frozen, take it out and be ready to cut with your sharp chef's knife the thinnest cuts you can possible make.
  3. Once you have all your thin beef slices, place them on a plate and drizzle olive oil on top.
  4. Add pepper, salt, capers and fresh shaved parmesan to taste.
  5. Garnish with fresh basil leaves.

(Don't normally grab the knife like that, 
but for the sake of getting a decent pic)



You will want fresh shaved parmesan, I did not have any at the moment but this boxed crumbed one. It served its tasteful purpose.

Not to bad for my first time, right?!? Let me tell you it was delicious and so easy to make.

Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You! for sharing your thoughts...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...