This recipe is for all those fried, cheesy and spice lovers. I tried this recipe I found online (allrecipes.com) earlier in the year and it was delicious. I somehow missed adding the bacon bits, but let me assure you next time I make these poppers I will not forget them. They take a little more time with the preparation, but it is definitely worth it.
You will need
2 small bowls
· 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
· 1 (8 ounce) package shredded Cheddar cheese
· 1 tablespoon bacon bits
· 12 ounces jalapeño peppers, seeded and halved
· 1 cup milk
· 1 cup all-purpose flour
· 1 cup dry bread crumbs
· 2 quarts oil for frying
1. In a medium bowl, mix the cream cheese, Cheddar cheese and bacon bits. Spoon this mixture into the jalapeño pepper halves.
2. Put the milk and flour into two separate small bowls. Dip the stuffed jalapeños first into the milk then into the flour, making sure they are well coated with each. Allow the coated jalapeños to dry for about 10 minutes.
3. Dip the jalapeños in milk again and roll them through the breadcrumbs. Allow them to dry, then repeat to ensure the entire surface of the jalapeño is coated.
4. In a medium skillet, heat the oil to 365 degrees F (180 degrees C). Deep fry the coated jalapeños 2 to 3 minutes each, until golden brown. Remove and let drain on a paper towel.
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Find the same recipe here!