I love to eat pastas and I love to cook them. Here is one of my fave recipes to cook and that my family loves me for cooking it for them. I got it from this book we’ve had at the house for years, “Pasta” by Barnes & Noble (from 1999!). I discovered it and started to go through it and found some pretty delicious recipes, like this one.
Spaghetti With Bacon and
(Spicy) Tomato Sauce:
You will need
large frying pan
· 1 tablespoon olive oil
· 8 ounces lean bacon, rinded and coarsely chopped (I cheat and use the kitchen scissors, instead of knife)
· 9 ounces fresh or dried spaghetti
· 1 teaspoon chili powder (Cayenne)
· 1 quantity Classic Tomato Sauce
· salt and ground black pepper
· coarsely chopped fresh Italian parsley, to garnish
· garlic salt (*my twist)
· 1 garlic clove (*my twist)
1. Heat the oil in large frying pan and fry the bacon for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until crisp and golden.
2. Cook the pasta following the instructions on the package, until al dente.
3. Add the chili powder to the bacon and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in the tomato sauce and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Drain the pasta thoroughly and toss it together with the sauce. Serve garnished with the coarsely chopped fresh parsley.
with sauce on top or tossed.