As you all know by now, I like to cook and try out new things in the kitchen. I have to share with you that I am becoming a big fan of the “Giada at Home” show on the Food Network. Host Giada De Laurentiis is an Italian Chef, globally recognized. She has her own show on the Food Network, founded GDL Foods, Emmy-award winner for Outstanding Lifestyle Host, she has published 5 books so far (definitely on my wish list), and her recipes look easy and delicious.
So I decided we have to try out one of her recipes.
You will need
• Butter, for greasing baking sheet
• 5 vine-ripened tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
• 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
• 2 (8-ounce) balls fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced into 1/4-inch thick slices and patted dry with paper towels
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1/2 packed cup chopped fresh basil leaves
• Olive oil, for drizzling
• Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 4 to 8 (1/2-inch thick) slices country white bread
1. Put an oven rack in the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Butter a 9 by 12-inch rimmed baking sheet. Set aside.
3. Arrange the tomato slices on the bottom of the baking sheet in a single layer.
4. Drizzle with the balsamic vinegar.
5. Lay the cheese slices on top in a single layer.
6. Sprinkle with the garlic and basil and drizzle with olive oil.
7. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
8. Arrange the bread slices on top and drizzle with olive oil.
9. Bake for 25 minutes until the filling is bubbling and the bread is crisp and golden. Remove the pan from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Total Time: 42 minutes
Prep Time: 12 minutes
Inactive: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
* 4-6 servings
You can find the same recipe here!
You can follow video instructions here!
Want to know more about Giada? click here!
We will try out more of her recipes soon, so check back for more delicious Italian to make at home.
(Impress your family and guest)
*Let me know how your cooking went*
Would love to hear from you…